Lots of people talk to animals.... Not very many listen, though.... That's the problem. ~Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Live simply that others might simply live. ~Elizabeth Seaton

Thursday, December 11, 2008

8 legged FREAKS



Isn't your day getting off to GREAT start when you wake up to swatting something off of your face. That something, happens to be a bastard common house spider from the Pholcidae family(whatever that means). You've seen them in the corners of your bathroom, kitchen, etc. But when one is traveling through your hair and across your temples you kinda develop a hatred towards them. Look I don't kill you when I see you in my corners, I let you live another day without killing you with shoe, STAY OFF MY FACE, simple...stay off me and out of my bed.
So once I swatted him/her off I tiptoed across the floor and flipped the light on and skittering across my carpet was the culprit. I grabbed the nearest thing, a hoodie, dropped it on it and squashed it. And now I have the creepy crawlies. >_>
Andy once told me that he read that the average American swallows approximately 6 spiders in their sleep a year. WHOA NELLY! A year or so ago I read 13 a year and today I read 4 a year. Amount aside, swallowing ANY spider is a little too much for me. And I know, I 'm obviously not dead so it can't be that bad. It's a creepyass thought. What if that SOB gets lodged in my windpipe? That would be a fun ordeal, coughing up a spider. I would faint. But those little pests could be causing me more illnesses than needed.

So about 2 months ago Gina and I bought face masks (paint masks) after I told her about the spiders thing, and since she has been bit by a brown recluse. I haven't worn mine to bed. But as of tonight, IT BEGINS! Yes I will be sleeping with this:



Writing this killed me, by the way, hunting for a picture of the little bastard near turned my stomach.

Also, I wanted to add that when I said above that it could be causing me more illnesses than necessary it didn't mean that I go to the doctor for everything. I've been to the doctor once since 2005 and it was only to renew a prescription for my inhaler. I am in no way a medicated freak of nature. I hardly even take aspirin for a headache. Personally, I think this nature is over medicated and needs to stop thinking a pill will cure EVERYTHING...it won't. It's a placebo. HAHA. No wonder doctors are rich they make you buy buy buy! Sheep...you're all are sheep. ^_^

Oh and not only did I wake up with a spider on my head but also come to find out that I got my period. Soooo Spider on face, bloody, and it's a rainy day. Could it get ANY WORSE? shit...shouldn't have said that.

One of the blogs I follow, followed me back. YAY. Her blog is na0: A nihilist raised on violence. And she has a financial blog Sunny Savings

1 comments:

Hybrid Hopes said...

One day after a looong day at work, I was looking at craftster. Eyes not focused very well, zoning out, scrolling down the "new posts with pictures" and someone had posted a life size picture of their pet tarantula. Not quite the same as waking up with a spider on your face, but I feel your pain somewhat.